Click here to view the CE Activity Announcement
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
Planned in cooperation with the ASHP Innovation Center and the ASHP Foundation
ACPE Activity Number: 0204-9999-22-036-H04-P / 0204-9999-22-036-H04-T
Release Date: February 16, 2022
Expiration Date: February 16, 2025
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour
Activity Fee: Free
Despite the growing availability of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology in healthcare settings, broad adoption of the technology into medication management workflows has been slow. Faculty will engage learners in the findings and practice implications of the ASHP Foundation research project on RFID in healthcare that included a survey and virtual research panel. Two participants of the research project will join two co-authors of the report to share their thoughts on the findings and the future use of RFID in the medication use process.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity was planned to meet the educational needs of pharmacy leaders interested in learning about RFID technology current and future healthcare applications, key considerations for implementation and research gaps for wider adoption.
- Describe key findings of the ASHP Foundation Survey on RFID in Healthcare.
- Identify potential practice gaps and barriers to wider adoption of RFID technology.
- Explain opportunities for future uses of RFID technology in medication management and patient care.
- Introduction and Announcements
- Presentation 1: ASHP Foundation Survey on RFID in Healthcare Findings Summary
- Survey co-authors presentation
- Presentation 2: Real World Reaction to and Application of Survey Findings
- Survey participants/co-authors roundtable discussion
- Anthony Scott, Pharm.D., M.B.A., Director of Pharmacy, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- David Aguero, Pharm.D., DPLA, Director, Medication Systems & Informatics, Program Director, PGY2 Pharmacy Informatics Residency. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Matthew Gimbar, Pharm.D., Associate Director – Pharmacy Operations UIHealth, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL
Nancy Huff, Pharm.D., Chief Pharmacy Officer, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, Burlington, MA
In accordance with our accreditor’s Standards of Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, ASHP requires that all individuals in control of content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if they have had a financial relationship with an ineligible company in any dollar amount in the past 24 months and the educational content that the individual controls is related to the business lines or products of the ineligible company.
An ineligible company is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The presence or absence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience.
No one in control of the content of this activity has a relevant financial relationship (RFR) with an ineligible company.
As required by the Standards of Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education definition of ineligible company, all relevant financial relationships have been mitigated prior to the CPE activity.
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.