Planned in cooperation with the ASHP Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders
ACPE Activity Number: ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-21-034-H04-P, 0204-0000-21-034-H04-T
Release Date: June 17, 2021
Expiration Date: June 17, 2024
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Not Available
Accreditation for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
While this actvity focuses on data analytics in the pharmacy setting, accessing and utilizing data is a growing need and releveant to all health care professions for continued success in the future. This session will be relevant to pharmacy leaders, as well as frontline pharmacists and technicians.
This educational session will explore how pharmacy departments and frontline leaders can initiate efforts to connect data to frontline staff. This session will discuss three organizations’ journey in identifying and prioritizing the appropriate metrics, building actionable reports and dashboards, and delivering these in a way relevant to front line team members.
- Describe the selection process for appropriate metrics and performance indicators for pharmacy teams.
- Discuss strategies to make data actionable and goal-oriented within a frontline pharmacy team.
- Identify opportunities to communicate data effectively to frontline pharmacy staff.
Schedule of Educational Activities
- Introduction and Announcements
- Questions, Answers, and Discussion
- Presley Blount, Pharm.D., Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Ambulatory & Transitions of Care, UChicago Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Anthony Giazzon, Pharm.D., PGY-2 Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Resident, Michael E. DeBakey, VA Medical Center, Houston, TX
- Kristin Harnish, Pharm.D., M.S., Pharmacy Manager – Inpatient Operations & Perioperative Pharmacy Services, University of Wisconsin (UW) Health, Madison, WI
- Charlie Summerlin, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, Pharmacy Manager for Managed Care and Human Resources, UNC Health, Chapel Hill, NC
In accordance with the ACPE's and ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support, anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. In accordance with these Standards, all potential conflicts of interest have been resolved. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control.
As defined by ACCME, a commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests. The existence or non-existence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the activity.
- All planners, presenters, reviewers, and ASHP staff report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.
System Technical Requirements
Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.