ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-21-028-H06-P, 0204-0000-21-028-H06-T
Release Date: May 10, 2021
Expiration Date: May 10, 2024
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Free
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
Join ASHP in this one-hour webinar to hear from pharmacists in the community as they work diligently to help reach and administer the COVID-19 vaccines to vulnerable and underrepresented populations. Speakers will share their impact and experiences with coordinating vaccine delivery and administration for at-risk patients. This webinar will share challenges and opportunities in the COVID-19 immunization efforts that could be helpful in combating health disparities.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity is intended for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in all settings who participate in the COVID-19 immunization efforts, and are working with vulnerable and at-risk populations.
- Describe COVID-19 vaccine access concerns in vulnerable and underrepresented populations
- Describe implemented models of vaccine distribution and administration to reach vulnerable and underrepresented populations
- Identify characteristics of successful vaccine distribution efforts to reach vulnerable and underrepresented populations
- Discuss organizational challenges and opportunities in immunizing vulnerable and underrepresented populations
- Introduction and Announcements
- Questions, Answers, and Discussion
- Sarah Lake-Wallace, Pharm.D., M.S., Director of Pharmacy Services, TIRR Memorial Hermann, Houston, TX
- Jean Moon, PharmD, BCACP, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Care & Health System, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- David Wallace, Pharm.D., Clinical Associate Professor, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, TX
- Moderator: Georgia Galanou Luchen, Pharm.D., Director, Member Relations, Section of Community Pharmacy Practitioners and Section of Pharmacy Educators, ASHP
- Moderator: Anne Policastri, Pharm.D., M.B.A., FASHP, FKSHP, Director, Affiliate Relations, ASHP
In accordance with the ACPE's and ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support, anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. In accordance with these Standards, all potential conflicts of interest have been resolved. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control.
As defined by ACCME, a commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests. The existence or non-existence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the activity.
- All planners, presenters, reviewers, and ASHP staff report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.