ASHP is one of the largest providers of continuing pharmacy education accredited by ACPE—the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. In accordance with ACPE’s Accreditation Standards for Continuing Pharmacy Education, ASHP fully supports:
- Active Learning - A basic principle and best practice in adult learning, active learning means interaction to improve learning, retention, and application of new knowledge and skills. Educational activities have been designed with instructional techniques intended to engage you more fully as a learner.
- Learning Assessments and Feedback - The Standards call for learning assessments to be part of every activity; assessments and mechanisms for feedback to participants are part of every CE activity.
- Activity Categories - CE learning activities on eLearning are knowledge and application-based.
- Evaluations - ACPE’s Standards require a Provider to develop and conduct evaluations of each CE activity. Beyond this requirement, your feedback is important to us for evaluating achievement of the learning objectives, quality of faculty, effectiveness of teaching methods and materials, and perceptions of commercial bias.
- Non-Commercialism and the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support - ACPE has adopted the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support. These standards require complete separation of continuing education from commercial support. Instructional materials for CE activities, including presentation slides, undergo an intensive review process at ASHP to ensure compliance with the Standards for Commercial Support. Disclosures of relevant financial interest by everyone involved in the planning or delivery of ASHP’s CE content have been included in the activity and, in accordance with these standards, any actual conflicts of interest were resolved prior to the CE activity taking place.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The number of credits provided and the ACPE Activity Number will be stated in each activity.
Some states have special requirements for content to meet state requirements for continuing education. Please check with your state to determine if such requirements exist and to determine if these activities meet those requirements.
Click here to get a better understanding of ACPE numbers.
Florida Department of Health Continuing Education
Florida licensed pharmacists must self-report their CE credits to CE Broker. ASHP is not offering Florida Consultant Pharmacy CE.
ASHP determines the number of contact hours for each activity. The CE accreditation information is included with each activity. Pharmacists must use their unique NAPB eProfile ID number to claim credit to meet CPE Monitor requirements.
For Pharmacy Technicians
Pharmacy Technicians must use their unique NAPB eProfile ID to claim credit to meet CPE Monitor requirements. CE activities offered by ASHP are a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) – accepted method for certified pharmacy technicians to obtain CE credit. PTCB acceptable CE activities must include pharmacy-related subject matter. CE activities that are designed specifically for technicians are designated with a “T” in the ACPE activity number; however, all activities offered by ACPE accredited providers are recommended by PTCB but are not required for technician recertification.
Some states may have special requirements; pharmacy technicians must check with their state to determine if the CE activities meet their state’s requirements. Activities do not have to be offered by ACPE accredited provider to be PTCB acceptable. Contact PTCB further information at (202) 429-7576 or http://www.ptcb.org.