Planned in cooperation with the ASHP Section of Pharmacy Informatics and Technology
ACPE Activity Number: ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-21-026-H04-P, 0204-0000-21-026-H04-T
Release Date: June 16, 2021
Expiration Date: June 16, 2024
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Not Available
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
Join us in this session as we discuss data strategy, data strategy best practices, and where to start if changes are needed. We will review resources for data strategy, highlight “data storytelling”, and focus on practical, tangible deliverables that clinicians and leaders can readily implement and scale.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity was planned to meet the educational needs of staff that support the medicatuion use system in a support or analytics role as well as other professionals involved in analytics programs.
- Describe best practices in data analytics program governance, staffing and structure, and training/education.
- Define the key elements of a data strategy to drive intelligent decision making.
- Identify strategies for improvement of outcomes reporting through the use of clinical data.
- Introduction and Announcements
- Questions, Answers, and Discussion
- Bonnie Baker, RN/BSN, M.B.A., Associate Principal, The Chartis Group, Minneapolis, MN
- Ben Moore, Pharm.D., M.S., Coordinator, Pharmaceutical Data Analytics St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Mary-Haston L. Vest, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, Clinical Manager, Analytics and Outcomes Services, UNC Health Care Hillsborough, NC
- Moderator: David Aguero, Pharm.D., MSTL, dPLA, Coordinator, Pharmaceutical Data Analytics, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
In accordance with the ACPE's and ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support, anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. In accordance with these Standards, all potential conflicts of interest have been resolved. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control.
As defined by ACCME, a commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests. The existence or non-existence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the activity.
- All planners, presenters, reviewers, and ASHP staff report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.