ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-21-407-H04-P&T
Release Date: May 12, 2021
Expiration Date: May 12, 2022
Activity Type: Application-based
CE Credits: 1.5 hours
Activity Fee: Free of charge
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
Accreditation for Pharmacists
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity was planned to meet the educational needs of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who practice in hospitals and health systems.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to
- Explain how the COVID-19 pandemic differs from other emergency management situations.
- Describe how to integrate pandemic-related changes in procedures taking into account how such changes may affect individual departments in the health system.
- Summarize strategies for managing the supply chain that minimize the impact on patient care.
- Explain best practices for sterile compounding during the COVID-19 pandemic in practice.
Patricia C. Kienle, B.S.Pharm., M.P.A, FASHP
Director of Accreditation and Medication Safety
Cardinal Health Pharmacy Solutions
Richard Montgomery, B.S.Pharm., M.B.A.
Contracts and Operations Manager
Advent Health System
Relevant Financial Relationship Disclosure
- No one in control of the content of this activity has a relevant financial relationship (RFR) with an ineligible company.
- As defined by the Standards of Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education definition of ineligible company.
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.
System Technical Requirements
Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.
Provided by ASHP Advantage
Supported by an educational grant from Pfizer, Inc.