Please note: This activity was given as a live webinar on February 24, 2021. If you claimed credit for that activity, you should not claim credit for this activity.
ACPE Activity Number: 0204-9999-21-007-H04-P
Expiration Date: 03/04/2024
Activity Date: March 2, 2021
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 2
Activity Fee: Free of charge
Discover how specialties are building state-of-the-art clinical guidelines and how the medical community can foster cross-specialty integration.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was planned in cooperation with the American Medical Association.This continuing pharmacy and medical education activity is designed for healthcare professionals interested in pharmacogenomics. The activity is meant for audiences with all knowledge levels.
After participating in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize how specialties are building state of the art clinical guidelines
- Describe how pharmacogenomics guidelines are used by different specialties
- Identify the genetic counselor perspective on pharmacogenomics
- Discuss ways to use CPIC guides across specialties
- CPIC Guidelines
- Psychiatry Anesthesiology/Pain Management
- Genetic Counselor Perspective
- Moderated Panel
- Future Directions & Wrap-up
Peter J. Hulick, M.D., MMSc, FACMG, Medical Director of the Mark R. Neaman Center for Personalized Medicine, Division Head, Center for Medical Genetics, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Jasmine Luzum, Pharm.D., Ph.D., BCPS, Assistant Professor, University of Michigan
- Jeffrey Bishop, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPP, FCCP, Associate Professor, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- Jill M. Kolesar, Pharm.D., M.S., Professor, College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science , Professor, College of Medicine, Division of Gynecological Oncology, Co-Leader, Translational Oncology Research Program, Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky
- Michelle Springer, M.S., CGC, Instructor, Certified Genetic Counselor, University of Colorado Hereditary Cancer Clinic
- Kelly E. Caudle, Pharm.D., Ph.D., BCPS, FCCP, Co-PI and Director, Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium (CPIC), St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Jesse M. Ehrenfeld, M.D., M.P.H, Immediate Past Chair, Board of Trustees, American Medical Association
All planners, program chairs, presenters, reviewers and ASHP staff report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
This activity consists of one recorded webinar presentation. This is a 6 part series.
Important Note – ACPE 60 Day Deadline:
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. To verify that you have completed the required steps and to ensure your credits have been reported to CPE Monitor, check your NABP eProfile account to validate that your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to award credit for this activity.