Telehealth Management Pearls
Planned in cooperation with the ASHP Innovation Center
ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-20-038-H04-P, 0204-0000-20-038-H04-T
Activity Date: November 18, 2020
Expiration Date: November 18, 2023
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.5 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Not Available
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
The Telehealth Management Pearls are quick, five-minute presentations designed to convey one practical idea, concept, or initiative that has been useful within a telehealth environment. Pearls cover a variety of topics important to the pharmacy workforce providing telehealth services.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity was planned to meet the educational needs of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Identify novel methods and barriers in selecting patients for pharmacist patient care telehealth services.
- Discuss opportunities to improve telehealth services and the operational workflow within a telehealth environment.
- Describe strategies for the pharmacy workforce to identify software needs and integrate telehealth software and systems in practice for telehealth visits.
- Describe barriers and successes in securing reimbursement for pharmacist patient care telehealth services.
Schedule of Activities
- Introduction and Announcements
- Questions, Answers, and Discussion
- Erica Maceira, Pharm.D., BCPS, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Kidney/Pancreas Transplant, Pharmacy Residency Director; Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Greg Malat, Pharm.D., FAST, BCPS, Clinical Transplant Pharmacist; Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Erin McCreary, Pharm.D., BCPS, Antimicrobial Stewardship/Infectious Diseases Clinical Pharmacist Specialist; University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
In accordance with the ACPE's and ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support, anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. In accordance with these Standards, all potential conflicts of interest have been resolved. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control.
As defined by ACCME, a commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests. The existence or non-existence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the activity.
- All planners, presenters, reviewers, and ASHP staff report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.