Caring for the Pharmacy Workforce: Wellness Strategies for the Pharmacy Team
Activity Date: October 14, 2020
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credit: No CE is offered with this activity.
Activity Fee: Member - Free / Non-Member - Free
ASHP has been committed to supporting the well-being and resilience of the pharmacy workforce for decades. We have been even more focused on supporting members the last few years given recent evidence and impact of burnout on patient safety and the healthcare workforce. During COVID-19, demands and stress on the pharmacy workforce have increased to an even greater extent. ASHP is planning several webinars that will give listeners tools and resources to cope during this time.
Clinical practice during crisis can be both challenging and rewarding. We have changed the way we work, learn, and live. We must be mindful of how we lead, connect to others, and care for ourselves. Here we will talk about tools needed for clinician and team resilience during challenging times.
This activity will focus on:
- Recognizing the impact of the current health crises on the mental health and resilience of the pharmacy team members
- Identifying actionable steps to address the psychological impacts of these events and improve resilience for individual pharmacy team members, families, and communities
- Identifying individual qualities that matter during a time of crisis
- LCDR Tarah B. Lewis, DNP, BSN, Assistant Professor, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, Uniformed Services University (USU), Bethesda, MD
- LTC JoEllen Schimmels, DNP, RN, PMHNP-BC, CNE, FAAN, Assistant Professor, Psychiatric/Mental Health, Nurse Practitioner Program, Uniformed Services University (USU), Bethesda, MD
- LTC Regina Owen, DNP, PMHNP-BC, Assistant Professor, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, Uniformed Services University (USU), Bethesda, MD
The webinar will be moderated by ASHP staff members: Christina Martin, Pharm.D., M.S., CAE, Director, New Practitioners Forum and Anna Legreid Dopp, Pharm.D., Senior Director, Clinical Guidelines and Quality Improvement.