Planned in cooperation with the ASHP Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders
ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-20-012-H04-P
Release Date: July 23, 2020
Expiration Date: July 23, 2023
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Not Available
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
This activity will have pharmacy leaders from around the nation discuss best practices based on mergers and acquisitions that they’ve experienced at their respective institutions. Pharmacy leaders will share valuable perspectives from their experiences, as well as share key performance indicators they used to measure and define success following the completion of a merger or acquisition. Attendees of this presentation will have the opportunity to ask questions of our expert panel throughout the presentation.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity was planned to meet the educational needs of pharmacy leaders who manage mergers and acquisitions within their organization or leaders who need resources to help describe value through pharmacy integration.
- Summarize pharmacy value as a result of health system integration.
- Explain key performance metrics to measure success following integration.
- Give examples of common challenges during a system integration.
- Introduction and Announcements
- Questions, Answers, and Discussion
- Brian Latham, Pharm.D., Executive Director of Pharmacy – Great Lakes Group, Bon Secours Mercy Health, Lima, OH
- Karen Famoso, R.Ph., M.B.A., Enterprise Director, Compliance and Business Operations, WVU Medicine, Morgantown, WV
- Todd Karpinski, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP, FACHE, Chief Pharmacy Officer, WVU Medicine, Morgantown, WV
- Joe Bonkowski, Pharm.D., MHA, M.S., Director of Pharmacy – Outpatient Infusion and Outpatient Clinical Pharmacy Services, HCA Mission Health, Asheville, NC
- Moderator: Javon Artis, Pharm.D., M.S. Candidate 2020, Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Resident, UW Health Pharmacy Services, Madison, WI
In accordance with the ACPE's and ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support, anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. In accordance with these Standards, all potential conflicts of interest have been resolved. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control.
As defined by ACCME, a commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests. The existence or non-existence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the activity.
- All planners, presenters, reviewers, and ASHP staff report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.