Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credit: No CE is offered with this activity.
Activity Fee: Members/Non-Members - Free
Activity Date: April 17, 2020
This activity describes the journey of Mount Sinai Health System and Montefiore Health System, as well as the coordinated efforts of the New York City’s Pharmacy Leadership. Mr. Sosnowski and Mr. Pinto will share experiences and responses to this surge that will help hospitals and health systems prepare for the rapid changes and challenges facing hospitals during this pandemic.
- Managing Patient Surge
- Managing Drugs and Supplies
- Coordinating Staff and Working with Interprofessional Teams
- Patient and Family Experience
- Community Engagement and Hospital’s Role
- Surge Management: Facilities and Patient Transfers
- COVID-19 Exposure – Healthcare Leader’s Perspective
- Joseph Pinto, R.Ph, M.S., MHA, DPLA, Executive Director of Pharmacy Operations, Mount Sinai Health System, New York, NY
- Frank P. Sosnowski, B.S.Pharm., M.S., Senior Director of Pharmacy, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Moderator: David Chen, B.S.Pharm., M.B.A., Assistant Vice President for Pharmacy Leadership and Planning, Office of Member Relations, ASHP, Bethesda, MD