Click here to view the Activity Announcement
Webinar: Precepting Millennials: The How with Generation Why
Planned in cooperation with the ASHP Foundation
ACPE Activity Number: 0204-9999-19-027-H04-P
Activity Date: September 5, 2019
Home Study Expiration Date: September 5, 2022
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Free for members and non-members
Accreditation for Pharmacists The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: This continuing pharmacy education activity is designed for pharmacy practitioners serving as residency preceptors.
Activity Overview: Millennials are often community-oriented and socially conscious. They are also stereotyped as not respecting authority, asking too many questions, and only wanting positive feedback. In this activity, three millennials share the ins and outs of understanding and precepting this generation.
• Describe the context and general characteristics of Millennials.
• Explain practical teaching and engagement strategies for learners.
• Identify communication challenges and effective methods for reaching residents
Schedule of Educational Activities
• Teaching and Engagement Strategies: Highlighting the importance of things like thorough orientation, understanding the “why” behind projects, making personal connections, being vulnerable and honest, individualized goals for the rotation
• Practical Tools and Avoiding Pitfalls: Summarizing tools Millennials are using (TLDR pharmacy; podcasts; social media; guideline summaries; wiki-journal clubs, etc.) Brief ways to avoid pitfalls when precepting Millennials
• Tips for Learners: How to Connect with Other Generations! Be gracious, understand who you are, be humble.
• Emily Kosirog, PharmD, BCACP Assistant Professor and Clinical Pharmacist, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy and Salud Family Health Centers, Aurora, CO
• Rhianna Fink, Pharm.D., BCACP, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Clinica Family Health, Aurora, CO
• Morgan Payne, PharmD, BCACP Assistant Professor and Clinical Pharmacist, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy and Salud Family Health Centers. Aurora, CO
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.
In accordance with the ACPE's and ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support, anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control. In accordance with these Standards, all potential conflicts of interest have been resolved.
As defined by ACCME, a commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests. The existence or non-existence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the activity.
• All planners, presenters, reviewers, and ASHP staff of this session report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
System Technical Requirements
Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE #0204-9999-19-027-H04-P||1 Hour||September 05, 2019 - September 05, 2022|
|19027||1 Hour||September 05, 2019 - September 05, 2022|