Planned in cooperation with the ASHP New Practitioners Forum
ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-18-033-H04-P
Activity Date: September 21, 2018
Expiration Date: September 21, 2021
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Not Available
Accreditation for Pharmacists
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
This continuing pharmacy education activity is designed for New Practitioners interested in developing interprofessional relationships to foster clinical learning.
Residency programs across the country are developing unique and creative ways to engage, teach, and develop the next generation of pharmacy practitioners. The ASHP Accreditation Standards for PGY1 Residency Programs contains Competency Area R3, Leadership and Management, which is often overlooked in favor of the direct patient care and research competency areas. This activity will review one integrated delivery network’s approach to creating a resilience infrastructure for new practitioners to carry forward throughout their careers.
- Explain the elements of pharmacy training standards and ACGME well-being requirements.
- Describe how ACGME physician well-being initiatives are changing the culture of the clinical learning environment.
- Describe the PGY1 required goal R3.2 and activities that facilitate meeting the goal.
- Describe the commonalities and differences between the elements of pharmacy training standards and ACGME well-being requirements.
- Discuss mechanisms to collaborate with other disciplines to enhance resilience within your team.
Schedule of Educational Activities
- Discuss how well-being initiatives are changing the culture of the clinical learning environment.
- Discuss one integrated approach to creating a resilience infrastructure for new practitioners to carry throughout their careers.
- Jessica N. Hill, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP, Assistant Director/RPD, Community Medical Center, Toms River, NJ
- Sheetal Patel, Pharm.D., BCPS, Director of Pharmacy, RWJUH – Rahway, Rahway, NJ
- Jennifer Sternbach, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCACP, Corporate Clinical Coordinator, RWJ Barnabas Health, West Orange, NJ
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Commercial Support and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education’s Standards for Commercial Support, ASHP requires that all individuals involved in the development of activity content disclose their relevant financial relationships. A person has a relevant financial relationship if the individual of his or her spouse/partner has a financial relationship (e.g. employee, consultant, research grant recipient, speakers bureau, or stockholder) in any amount occurring the in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services may be discussed in the educational activity content over which the individual has control. The existence of these relationships is provided for the information of participants and should not be assumed to have an adverse impact on the content.
In keeping with this requirement, ASHP ask that all faculty, advisory board members, planning committee members, content development consultants, and staff complete a disclosure form for each program in which they are involved. Anyone who refuses to disclose relevant financial relationships must be disqualified from any involvement with a continuing pharmacy education activity.
- Faculty, planner, ASHP Staff and consultants report no relevant financial relationships pertinent to this activity.
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of recorded faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the entire activity and complete all the required components to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts to claim and view or print the statement of credit immediately or within 60 days of completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned.
System Technical Requirements
Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.