ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-20-010-H04-P/T
Release Date: June 17, 2020
Expirations Date: June 17, 2023
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members/Non-Member – Free
Accreditation for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
This activity was planned to meet the educational needs of pharmacy team members seeking to bolster their coping skills and process traumatic events they are experiencing during this time of stress and uncertainty.
ASHP has been committed to supporting the well-being and resilience of the pharmacy workforce for decades. We’ve been even more focused on supporting members the last few years given recent evidence and impact of burnout on patient safety and the healthcare workforce. During COVID-19, demands and stress on the pharmacy workforce have increased to an even greater extent. This webinar will introduce the concept of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) as an intervention method to support individuals exposed to traumatic situations in the healthcare environment.
- Describe the unique stress and trauma being experienced by healthcare providers during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- Explain Critical Incident Stress Management as an intervention to support individuals during times of stress and trauma.
- Discuss a case study of one organization’s planning and response to support healthcare workers during COVID-19.
- Identify resources and tools available to apply CISM components to individual wellness and in preparing for crisis support.
Schedule of Educational Activities
- Introduction and Announcements
- Questions, Answers, and Discussion
- Daniel Lichok, M.A., Senior Crisis Trainer-Crisis Training Institute, Co-Coordinator, CISM ASAP Staff Support Team, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital
- Jeffrey D. Magill, M.S., Manager Emergency Preparedness, Manager, Crisis Training Institute, Manager, CISM ASAP Staff Support Team, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital
- Jack Rozel, MD, MSL, Medical Director, Resolve Crisis Services, President, American Association for Emergency Psychiatry
- Anna Legreid Dopp, Pharm.D., Senior Director, Clinical Guidelines & Quality Improvement, ASHP
- Christina Y. Martin, Pharm.D., M.S., CAE, Director, New Practitioners Forum, ASHP
In accordance with the ACPE's and ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support, anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. In accordance with these Standards, all potential conflicts of interest have been resolved. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control.
As defined by ACCME, a commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests. The existence or non-existence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the activity.
- All planners, presenters, reviewers, and ASHP staff report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit, and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.
System Technical Requirements
Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.