Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credit: No CE is offered for this activity.
Activity Fee: Members/Non-Members - Free
Activity Date: April 16, 2020
This activity describes the journey of Holy Name Medical Center, a 361-bed hospital in Teaneck, NJ. Holy Name Medical Center was one of the first hospitals to experience a massive surge of COVID-19 patients. Nancy Palamara, Pharm.D; Director of Pharmacy Services, Infusion Therapy & MS Services will share experiences and responses to this surge that will help hospitals and health systems prepare for the rapid changes and challenges facing hospitals during this pandemic.
- Managing Patient Surge
- Managing Drugs and Supplies
- Coordinating Staff and Working with Interprofessional Teams
- Patient and Family Experience
- Community Engagement and Hospital’s Role
- COVID-19 Exposure – Healthcare Leader’s Perspective
- Nancy Palamara, Pharm.D., Director of Pharmacy Services, Infusion Therapy & MS Services, Holy Name Medical Center, Teaneck, NJ
- Moderator: David Chen, B.S.Pharm., M.B.A., Assistant Vice President for Pharmacy Leadership and Planning, Office of Member Relations, ASHP, Bethesda, MD