Planned in cooperation with the ASHP Section of Ambulatory Care Practitioners
ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-19-010-H04-P
Release Date: May 16, 2019
Expiration Date: May 16, 2022
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Not Available
Accreditation for Pharmacists
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
This continuing pharmacy education activity is designed for students and new practitioners who are wondering why they should seek a mentor or how to identify a mentor and develop a strong mentoring relationship.
Mentors are invaluable assets to identifying career goals and navigating the paths to reach the desired destination. This panel discussion will feature practicing pharmacists who have used mentoring to achieve success. Participants will learn about how to identify and utilize a mentor to progress along the career path.
- Identify the benefits of developing mentor-mentee relationships.
- Examine how to identify a mentor.
- Discuss strategies for developing and maintaining productive mentoring relationships.
Schedule of Educational Activities
- Discuss how to navigate a mentor-mentee relationship.
- Share experiences with and tips for mentor-mentee relationships.
- John Darnell, Pharm.D., BCACP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Providence Medical Group, Portland, OR
- Tara Feller, Pharm.D., MBA, MPH, BCPS, Operations Manager, Adult Inpatient Pharmacy, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Bryan D. Hayes, Pharm.D., DABAT, FAACT, FASHP, Clinical Manager, Emergency Medicine & Overnight Pharmacy Services/Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Ellina Seckel, Pharm.D., BCACP, Associate Chief, Ambulatory Care and Speciality Care – Pharmacy Service, William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI
In accordance with the ACPE's and ACCME's Standards for Commercial Support, anyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. In accordance with these Standards, all potential conflicts of interest have been resolved. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner) has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control.
As defined by ACCME, a commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests. The existence or non-existence of relevant financial relationships will be disclosed to the activity audience. All identified conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the activity.
- All planners, presenters, reviewers, and ASHP staff report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of a recordings of faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the activity in its entirety to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts online to complete the evaluation, claim credit and view the statement of credit immediately after completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully before the ACPE 60-day deadline. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.
System Technical Requirements
Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.