Activity Date: August 23, 2018
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credit: No CE is offered with this activity
Activity Fee: Members - Free/Non-Members - Not Available
This session will provide guidance to facilities on how to implement a successful Antimicrobial Stewardship Program and meet the Joint Commission requirements for accreditation. The new JC standard, MM.09.01.01, has 8 elements of performance that incorporate CDC's Core Elements for successful stewardship programs. This will be fully discussed throughout the session with examples of stewardship initiatives to meet each element. Reasons why the JC implemented the new standard will also be explained.
- Explain why CDC developed Core Elements for successful Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs.
- Describe the individual elements of performance incorporated in the Joint Commission.
- Discuss the Antimicrobial Stewardship Standard.
- Discuss different evidence-based initiatives that will meet the Joint Commission Standard.
- Geneen M. Gibson, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS AQ-ID, Coordinator, Antimicrobial Management Program, St. Joseph’s/Candler Health System, Savannah, GA
System Technical Requirements
Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.