Planned in cooperation with the ASHP New Practitioners Forum
ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-18-026-H04-P
Release Date: June 5, 2018
Expiration Date: June 5, 2021
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Not Available
Accreditation for Pharmacists
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This continuing pharmacy education activity is designed for pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, and pharmacists creating a poster presentation.
The activity is intended to be a resource for pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, and pharmacists. It will provide information regarding the development of a professional poster presentation. The objectives of this session are to discuss the necessary steps for a successful poster presentation including: generating a poster topic, writing an abstract, poster design, preparing for the verbal presentation, needed poster materials, and case examples of poster presentations.
- Identify resources that can help generate ideas for a poster topic.
- Describe the sections of a written abstract.
- Discuss strategies of recommended study design to maximize the visual aesthetics of your poster.
- Explain the necessary materials needed for a successful poster presentation.
Schedule of Educational Activities
- Discuss common issues with posters and provide examples for success.
- Create a comprehensive resource for individuals creating a poster.
- Kelly Bach, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, NY
- Petra Estep, Pharm.D., MHA, BCPS, Clinical Coordinator, Baptist Health, Jacksonville, FL
- Kayla Johnson, Pharm.D., PGY2 Psychiatric Pharmacy Resident, Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy, Nashville, TN
- Renee Pitt, Pharm.D., BCPS, Drug Information Specialist, Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, UT
- Bethany Withycombe, Pharm.D., Clinical Oncology Pharmacist, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL
In accordance with the ACPE’s and ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support, everyone in a position to control the content of an educational activity is required to disclose to the accredited provider their relevant financial relationships. An individual has a relevant financial relationship if he or she (or spouse/domestic partner has a financial relationship in any amount occurring in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services are discussed in the activity content over which the individual has control.
A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing healthcare goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. The Standards for Commercial Support do not consider providers of clinical services directly to patients to be commercial interest.
- All planners, presenters, and reviewers report no financial relationships relevant to this activity.
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of recorded faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the entire activity and complete all the required components to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts to claim and view or print the statement of credit immediately or within 60 days of completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned. To be sure your CE is processed within 60 days of being earned; plan to process your CE immediately after completing the activity. Claim your CE at http://elearning.ashp.org. Once you have processed and claimed your CE credit, we encourage you to check your NABP eProfile account to verify your credits were transferred successfully. It is an electronic direct-report process so your credits should appear in your account within a few minutes. After the 60 day deadline, ASHP will no longer be able to report your credit(s) for this activity.
System Technical Requirements
Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.