ACPE Activity Number: 0204-0000-17-029-H04-P
Activity Date: October 31, 2017
Expiration Date: October 31, 2020
CE Credits: 1.0 hour, no partial credit
Activity Fee: Members – Free / Non-Member – Not Available
Accreditation for Pharmacists
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This activity is a recording from a live webinar and those that claim credit for the live webinar should not claim credit for this activity.
This continuing pharmacy education activity is designed for pharmacists who deal directly with drug shortages in their institution.
This activity will address ongoing challenges with drug shortages and provide information on how to manage them, including an overview of a new ASHP resource—AHFS Clinical Drug Information (CDI).
- Explain current trends in drug shortages and the most recent data on causes of drug shortages.
- Describe how recent manufacturing and drug quality trends relate to drug shortages.
- Identify best practices for minimizing the impact of drug shortages.
- Discuss the new AHFS CDI to access information about drug shortages.
Schedule of Educational Activities
- Discuss drug shortage data and trends.
- Provide an overview of best practices and how AHFS CDI can help.
- Erin R. Fox, Pharm.D., BCPS, Senior Director, Drug Information & Support Services, University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Jeffery A. Schick, R.Ph., Senior Director, eHealth Solutions, ASHP, Bethesda, MD
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Commercial Support and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education’s Standards for Commercial Support, ASHP requires that all individuals involved in the development of activity content disclose their relevant financial relationships. A person has a relevant financial relationship if the individual of his or her spouse/partner has a financial relationship (e.g. employee, consultant, research grant recipient, speakers bureau, or stockholder) in any amount occurring the in the last 12 months with a commercial interest whose products or services may be discussed in the educational activity content over which the individual has control. The existence of these relationships is provided for the information of participants and should not be assumed to have an adverse impact on the content.
In keeping with this requirement, ASHP ask that all faculty, advisory board members, planning committee members, content development consultants, and staff complete a disclosure form for each program in which they are involved. Anyone who refuses to disclose relevant financial relationships must be disqualified from any involvement with a continuing pharmacy education activity.
- Faculty, planner, ASHP Staff and consultants report no relevant financial relationships pertinent to this activity.
Methods and CE Requirements
This activity consists of recorded faculty slides presentations, active learning activities, discussion, and handouts. Participants must participate in the entire activity and complete all the required components to claim continuing pharmacy education credit online at ASHP eLearning Portal. Follow the prompts to claim and view or print the statement of credit immediately or within 60 days of completing the activity.
Per ACPE requirements, CPE credit must be claimed within 60 days of being earned.
System Technical Requirements
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. Users should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites.
View the minimum technical and system requirements for learning activities.