This recorded webinar series covers accreditation requirements related to the design and conduct of a PGY1 residency program under the new (2014) standards. It includes the design of a residency program (PGY1 residency purpose, competency areas, program structure, and learning experiences), as well as the four preceptor roles, evaluation, residents' development plans, and continuous residency program improvement.
By the end of this webinar series, participants will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and competency areas, goals, and objectives for a PGY1 residency program.
- Describe accreditation requirements for PGY1 residency program structure, orientation, and learning experiences.
- In specified scenarios, identify the most appropriate preceptor role.
- Determine whether or not examples of feedback to residents that meet accreditation requirements and how to improve them.
- Determine whether or not selected sections of residents’ development plans meet accreditation requirements and how to improve them.
- Describe accreditation requirements related to continuous residency program improvement.